My mom went home to Wyoming last Saturday and left me to fly solo. It has been almost 5 days since she has left us. I have managed to keep up with my laundry, stopped needing to take my pain medication, Layla and I have mastered breast feeding, I have showered and fixed my hair and makeup every day, Alyssa is ready and to the school bus stop by 8:00am every morning, and I have only broken down in tears 2 times since she has left. At this point most days I still walk around doing the day to day routine on auto pilot, but overall, I am doing fine. Every morning I awake and give myself a little "you can do this" pep talk and off I go about my business.
We all miss my mom very much and hope to see her again soon!
Monday I made the difficult decision to put Alyssa on the riding to school bus and going home school bus. It is just too hard to get all three girls up and dressed and drag them to the school every morning by 8:30am. This week I am also starting back to working from home, so I felt it was necessary Alyssa to take the school bus.
Of course Alyssa was happy and excited to ride the bus, however, I had a mini melt down once I put her on that bus and watched her ride away with a bus full of children and a strange man that I don't know driving her. There was something about knowing that I wouldn't see her all day long, and I wondered how and when I would know if she got to class safely and if she was taken care of by the people I was trusting to watch over her.
My mommy worries got the best of me when I was driving home from Layla's doctor appointment, and I drove to the elementary school to check with the office to make sure she got there okay. The ladies were very nice and patient with me and answered my many questions about how things work once they get off the bus at school, who is there to help walk them into class, does someone call me if she doesn't show up to school safely...etc... etc... I'm sure I looked like a crazy mom, but this is the first time to do this, and I needed to know for my own sanity. Once I had all my questions answered and I was able to see Alyssa sitting at the lunch table eating happily with her friends, I was able to go home and go about day in peace.
This is Alyssa and Bella waiting on the porch for the school bus to come. Bella enjoys walking her to the bus stop and picking her up everyday after her nap. It makes her so happy to see her.
This is Bella eating her lunch alone for the first day. She found a way to make some fun with her taquitos.



2 comments:
i love how alyssa put so much personality into all her poses for the camera...such a little ham. i have to say through all the craziness you're experiencing, you inspire me and I think we all have to wake up some mornings and give ourselves little pep talks that "we ca do it!!"
Oops, I asked on your newer post about how Alyysa was liking school, but this answered my question! Sounds like you are getting the hang of it! I have to say that I absolutely CAN wait to be in your shoes! I will probably be a basket case when Jackson goes off to Kindergarten. The only place I ever leave him anywhere is at the gym and I'm right there and can watch him the whole time!! Your concerns seems valid to me!!
Post a Comment