Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Thursday, July 15, 2010

18 DAYS AND COUNTING!!

We are in baby count down full swing around our home! The girls ask me every morning and every night, "How many more days until you push our baby sister out?" I know, I know, they have been watching too much TLC's Baby Story. They are so excited and anxious to see the baby. I know they will be all over her the second they see her.

Ready for Baby to Come Checklist:
1) Robert brought the last few baby boxes down from the attic last night in the 100 degree heat. He was very pleased with me about that as you can imagine. But I had to find the boppy pillow!
2) I am washing and putting away the last 2 loads of baby clothing today. I'm already sick of doing laundry for 3 children! Not a good sign.
3) We have the baby car seat clean and ready to go.
4) I am pre-registered for the hospital and for my EPIDURAL! YAHOO! I'd pay double what I had to pay for that miracle drug.
5) I went to Motherhood and bought a nursing bra 2 nights ago. Talk about a fun purchase! Can someone please tell me why they try to make nursing bras with lacy embellishments and things like that? It's like they are trying to make these huge nursing bras sexy! Which hello- they just aren't. There is nothing sexy about nursing bras. It's just about getting the job done you know what I mean?
These next two items are the important ones to get done before going into labor. Every woman knows it!

6) I got my grey hair colored and my hair cut this week. Sorry about the lame picture, it doesn't do the hair cut justice. My friend Brittany did it last minute for me, because I was in a jam. I think it is one of the best hair cuts I've had in a very long time. Thanks Britt!

7) Alyssa and I went out last weekend and got our toenails done together. We had a great time, and Alyssa had those oriental ladies cracking up the whole time. Don't laugh at this picture, I'd been on my feet all day, and my feet are swollen.


8) Yes, this is my belly in all it's big glory. Proof that I AM BIG ENOUGH! A lot of people are telling me that I look too small and that I don't get very big.
I figure since this is my last time of having a baby growing inside me that I should document what it really looked like. You can see that my belly button is stretched out to the max and I have that little brown line showing. Put a fork in me people, this chicken is cooked! Also, don't be alarmed by the weird stretched out scar on the bottom of my belly button. That is just from my appendix being taken out in high school. "It's not a tumor"
As you can see, we are pretty much ready and waiting for baby to get here. But I really do have to keep her in until July 30th. That is when my sisters and my mom fly to Tulsa. After that, she can come whenever! Do you hear me baby??

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

sounds like you're ready :)
LOVE the toes, LOVE the hair, and I"m sorry to disapoint but you ARE NOT BIG!!! Yes you look done & ready to push that princess out, and maybe compared to how skinny you were before you got pregnant yes, but you just aren't that big :)