By now you should have read a previous post about our little Red Box rental dilema with Alyssa the other day. If you haven't read it, you should to be able to completely appreciate this post.
We rented Flicka 2 for our family movie the other night. The girls LOVED it! They are so into horses right now, and it was a cute little family movie.
Anyway, I set it out on the counter to remember to return today, and when I got out of the shower this morning, I noticed it wasn't there anymore. Remembering Alyssa track record with Red Box movies, I asked her first if she knew where it went? She of course came back with her standard answer of, "I don't know."
Robert came home early today from work, and I asked him about the missing movie. He answered with his quick standard of, "I don't know babe."
So I run around the whole house looking for this stupid movie so that I can return it by 9pm tonight and not be charged for an extra day. I was getting so annoyed because I was NOT going to pay another $25 for a stupid $1 movie rental. I was going to find it!
I had to run out for an errand for a couple of hours, and I left Rob home with girls. I called to check in with them on my way home. I asked my husband what he was up to?
He said, "sitting in time out."
I said, "YOU are sitting in time out?"
He said, "yep!"
I asked, "why?"
He said, "because I made Alyssa sit in time out until she told me where she put that Red Box movie.
I said, "okay..."
He said, "while she was in time out, I was looking around the house for it some more, and then I found it in my car.
I asked, "you found it in YOUR car?"
He said, "Yeah I guess I took it with me this morning thinking I'd return it on my way home from work, and I forgot that I took it.
He then goes on to explain to me that once he found that it was him who took the movie and not Alyssa, he went to apoligize to her and she said that she thought he needed to have a time out. So that is where I found my husband tonight when I got home. Sitting in the time out corner and my daughters disiplining him.
Do you see what I have to work with people??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love to look at your blog.. This one made me laugh.. A lot of them do... But i thought I needed to tell you!!!
I loved the original story and this one cracked me up, too! Good for him for admitting to Alyssa that he was wrong and showing her that he was sorry! Parents make mistakes, too, and it is okay to show your kids that you aren't perfect and you can make amends when you make a mistake. ;) Go Robert!! Your little family is so super-cute!!
Post a Comment