Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Are you feeling the love?

I found out this Valentine's day that there are a lot of people who don't really love the day of love. I wonder why that really is? Is it because they don't have a boyfriend or a husband and they feel left out? Is it because they do have a boyfriend or husband and they are NOT good at showing or expressing their love? Or is it because people think that it is a day that people have to spend a lot of money in order to give a proper Valentine?
Here are my tips to enjoying a great Valentine's Day to all you haters out there.
1) You don't have to have a husband or boyfriend to feel loved. You can surround yourself with other people who love you. Maybe it is your kids if you have them, your mom or dad, your sisters, your brothers, a few great friends. All that matter is that you around the people who matter most to you in your life.
I am a lucky girl because I spent my day with my girls. Since Valentine's day was on a Monday, we had Chinese takeout for dinner together. It wasn't all candles and roses, but it was fun. (Picture is minus Layla because she was napping)

 2) Spend more TIME rather than MONEY on your gifts to others. My gift this year I have to say was one of the sweetest I've gotten. I had to go to a church meeting on Saturday morning, and while I was away my hubby and daughters made this huge homemade card and a vase full of roses. Which my hubby purchased at the local grocery store because he knows I hate wasting $75 dollars on something that dies in a few days. They are just a pretty and smell just as nice for $10. Anyway, when I walked in the house from my meeting, Alyssa and Bella were standing in the entry holding the homemade card, and Rob pulled a homemade contraption that made fake rose petals fall on my head as I opened the door. It was SO cute and fun to see the girls involved in it. I have my big Valentine card up in my office still today and everytime I look at it, I smile.

3) If you don't have a special someone in your life. Maybe take a little time to think about why that is? Write down a list of things you are looking for in a boyfriend or husband. What is most important to you? I did this a long time ago when I thought I would never find love again. I wasn't even looking for it and POOF! Robert came into my world and change it for the better.
If you are lucky like me to have a special someone in your life, Valentine's day is just a day to remind us to stop from the daily routine of everyday life and spend some quality time with that person you call your Valentine. My hubby took me out to dinner and a movie Saturday night. I know. Typical. But we had not been out a date without kids for a LONG time. So it was heaven. Good food. Good romantic comedy. Good laughs. Good company. And after the kids went to bed...good ummm... enough said. Just a night to remember why I choose him as my Valentine forever.

Hope you had a great Valentine's Day too! XOXO!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

LOVE this post :)
I'm pretty sure you are referring to me in this post.... b/c Josh and I don't feel we need to express our love to eachother on one particular day!!
I agree in "the thought counts more" as far as gifts are concerned. I also think it's a lot more fun when you have kids b/c you can do fun & crazy little things!
Josh & I also didn't really celebrate b/c we were going on our cruise that same week & we knew we'd have pleanty of time together & the time we did have we wanted to be with Braeden. I think people put too much thought into thinking "oh but it's Valentines" & making a big deal out of it... you know what, if I want a night of cuddling on the couch with my hubby and that's what I need him to do then that's all I want from him! I really think people put alot of pressure on their spouses or boyfriends, and I just don't agree with that! IF Josh ever decided to get me flowers or something, it's always the day before V-Day b/c he knows it'll throw me completely off guard :)
ALSO, kudos for Robert for bargain shopping on the flowers... LOVE IT :)