Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

2 Month Checkup and Sore Throat

Yesterday I took Layla to the pediatrician for her 2 month checkup. I had all 3 of my girls in tow since Alyssa was home sick that day from school with a sore throat and a fever. I decided since I was already going to the pediatrician, we might as well make a girls party out of the event right!?
Yeah right! Any mother of small children know that it is always painful to take them to the doctor. But I knew I needed to get her tested for strep throat before I could send her back to school. So I used this doctor appointment as an excuse to dress them in their matching sisters tee-shirts and do their hair all cute in matching bows. This is what I do when I go somewhere with all 3 girls together.
Good news of the appointment were that Alyssa tested negative for strep throat, Layla was healthy, and nobody threw up in the doctor waiting room, as happened in previous visits.
Bad news of the appointment were that Alyssa did test positive for an infected red throat, Layla had to get her 3 shots in her "fatty part of her leg" as Alyssa calls it, and Bella ran off from me in the parking lot and almost gave me a heart attack. It is not so easy to catch a fast little toddler while keeping the other 2 girls close by.
After we survived the doctor appointment, Alyssa's throat was really hurting her, and I knew it really was because she didn't even want to go play at the park. She just wanted to go home and rest. So as any good mother does, I used my daughter's sore throat as an excuse to stop by the drive thru at Braum's and we got icecream cones for everyone. Awww....don't we all feel better now!?

Layla's 2 month stats:
23 inches long -72 percentile
13.1 pounds - 93 percentile

We grow them big and strong in our home! Rob always jokes with me that my milk must be like drinking sweetened condensed milk. Hey, I take that as a compliment, that stuff is yummy!


The girls enjoying a movie evening together at home. We rented the new Tinkerbell movie. They LOVED it!





2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my, what a great mom you are! Ice cream for a soar throat? Can I be one of your adopted daughters? ;) Hope everyone and everything gets back to normal soon!

Colleen said...

It IS scary when one runs off and you have to chase that one down while still keeping the others safe! I have literally had a nightmare about that once! You are such a good mom to take all three to the doctor's office!! Wow! That is a lot to handle - doctors visits are always so hard to get through with both my boys! Well, as usual, you make this mom thing look simple. Go you!