Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Sunday, August 22, 2010

1st BIG LOSS!

Something really big (actually it was really small) was lost last night. Alyssa lost her 1st baby tooth. It had been loose for a few weeks and she has been wiggling it back and forth for days. Her daddy decided last night after baths that it was time to get it out. I told him he was in charge of pulling teeth out with our kids because I hated pulling my own teeth out when I was young.
So they tied her tooth with dental floss and to the bathroom door knob. I was feeding the baby as usual, and heard Alyssa telling her daddy, "Wait a minute, let me take a deep breathe first." She hear her take a deep breathe in and then all the sudden I hear the door slammed shut! It scared me I think more that it did Alyssa. She came out all excited and showed me. Then she kind of got a little more nervous when she saw she was bleeding. We put a cold cloth on it to stop the bleeding, gave a high five to her for being so brave, put the tooth in a plastic bag for the tooth fairy under her pillow, and we called it a night!

Here she is with her 1st lost tooth!



3 comments:

Megan said...

Whoo-Hoo! Congratulations on reaching this milestone! Sounds like Alyssa was a very brave little girl! I'm totally with you on not wanting to pull their teeth out, Nick will be in charge of that too! Glad that the old door knob trick did it! What a great picture of your little cutie! Way to go Alyssa!

Kirsten said...

oh man, that kind of made me cringe.... reading that... lol
She looks cute and all grown up with her first little gap :)

Kali said...

She was SO proud of her lost tooth at church. She looks cute with a missing tooth!