Now that is where the real fun began! There were two nurses, the doctor, me, and Rob in the room. It took all of us to get her leg cleaned and stiched up. Rob and I held her down from the waist up and talked to her and kissed her trying to keep her still and calm. I don't think it helped much, but that was all we could do while the doctor and nurses treated her knee. Poor little girl just kept asking for them to put a bandaid on it instead. She cried and screamed and begged us to stop. IT WAS THE WORST THING EVER! I told Rob afterwards that I'd rather go through child birth 5 more times without drugs than to see my own child go through something like that again. I did however, happen to document the event since I had my camera for the house we saw.



On a much happier note- Alyssa turned 4 years old a couple of weeks ago. Sadly, we were in the middle of boxing everything up to move and our house was not in any shape for a birthday party for kids. So we asked her where she would like to go for her birthday dinner and she said Red Robin. They sing and clap and give you a special birthday dessert, so she was very excited about that. We had Rob's family meet us there and she opened her gifts while we were there. I was sad that I didn't do more, but that was about all I could pull off during that time.

Alyssa had been asking for a puppy for her birthday, so we got her a toy puppy with a carrier bag, hair brush, collar, and outfits to put her in. She was thrilled with it! I love this age, when they are so easlily pleased.

The next group of pictures are pictures I took around our house the last week we were there. We have worked so long to get our house sold and now that we are homeless, it feels sad to say goodbye to our little house. It was our first home together and we put a lot of work and memories into that house. We are excited to build our new house in Bixby and our new chapter in our lives.

We brought both our babies home from the hospital to our house. This is the only home they have ever known.
Isabella turns 18mos old this week. She is getting so grown up now.
We had a big garage sale the same weekend of Alyssa's birthday. Yes, I know it was crazy, but crazy also made us $1300 dollars off a ton of stuff I didn't want to move with us. Not bad huh!?
So we sold our dining set, and we ate on the floor the last few days we were there. The kids thought it was a lot of fun. Me, not so much.

We also sold our bedroom frame annd dresser set to a friend. So we slept on the mattress on the floor for a few days. We felt like college students not able to afford any furniture. It was funny.
This picture makes me miss our home a little bit. My girls snuggling up in front of the TV to watch a disney movie together on the "big pillows."



4 comments:
Oh my GOSH! Alyssa's knee looked BAD! I'm SO sorry!! Glad you got it all taken care of though!
I can't wait to see your guys' new house. If you need some girl time until it's built let me know. :)
I heard no one showed up to help you guys move.....grr....SO SORRY! I wish we would've been here to help you guys out. Please let us know when you're moving IN to your new house!!
Eli felt bad that he had to leave early from helping yall move to go to work. Yall will have to come over sometime. we miss you guys. :)
Wow, poor Alyssa! The model home company should pay for her urgent care visit. Broken bricks are a big no no. Just saying.
Can't wait to hear about your new house plans. That's when the excitement begins!
Just a few things.... first I agree with Laurel! "Show ready" means that you can show it to a family with children and they don't end up in the ER!!!
2 - I know what you mean about the house......the only thing keeping us back from moving into a house is that B won't be able to just run up the stairs and see G&R! He really doesn't understand that they aren't at the top of "all stairs" and I think it's going to be hard for him:(
3 - Alyssa isn't going to remember that she didn't get a party...dont' feel bad!! Cute little puppy though; where'd you get that? B would LOVE something like that!
4 - I miss you guys TONS!! I wish we could be there to help you through this, and have you over for dinner so you don't eat on the floor! :(
Post a Comment