Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What I am Thankful For This Year



  1. Our nice home that we can afford and keeps us safe and warm. So many people loosing their homes right now, I am grateful for mine.
  2. My hard working husband, who isn't too proud to get creative to make sure his family is provided for.
  3. A husband who shows love to me and his children and is manly enough to cry a little when things are special or important to him.
  4. My part time job that allows me to help out financially, and stay home with my girls.
  5. My beautiful, wonderful, funny, smart, and healthy little girls. The two who bring me the most joy in my life.
  6. The ability to carry a child to become a mother. It is the most challenging job that I will ever have, but the most sweet. Being a mother has taught me so much about myself, and has helped me to grow.
  7. The birth, life, and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. With these, I am filled with so much love and gratitude. Because of the atonement of Jesus Christ I have the ability to become better than myself.
  8. My parents, who raised me in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Who are always an example to me of what a successful life and marriage should look like. Who love me even when I have disappointed them.
  9. For my three sibling, you are truly my best friends.
    1. My sister Tamara, who teaches me to me more soft and sweet. She has always been a great example to me of what a great mother should be. She is stronger than she knows.
    2. My brother Travis, who I admire and look up to in so many ways. He strives to be more Christ-like. He is a peacemaker and loves to serve others. He is much wiser than his years, and reminds me me so much of our dad.
    3. My little sister Olivia, who is such a beautiful and talented young lady. I look at her and wonder if she will ever know just how beautiful inside and out she really is? If she could only see what I see, she would feel differently than she does. I love that she isn't afraid to try new and interesting things. She has such a fun and loving way about her. When you are around her, it is contagious, you can't help but just want to smile, laugh, and have a good time.
  10. Being raised in a small community. I loved living in a place where I knew almost everyone and lived just down the street from both of my grandparents. It was a great and safe place to be a kid.
  11. Having a living prophet, President Monson, who leads us and gives us guidance from the Lord. It gives me so much comfort here in these latter days on the earth.
  12. For my freedom. To be able to go where I want and when I want and not be afraid. To raise my children how I choose, and worship the way I choose. To feel like I have a voice, as tiny as it may be, in how this country is ran.
I know I could go on and on, but I won't. I noticed while typing this that when I really think what I am truly grateful for, not one of them can be bought with money. (Except for my home) It is funny, because it seems like everything we do and need in this life is dictated by how much money we have. When in reality, the things that are bought with money, are not what I value most in this life. I thought that was interesting.
Happy Thanksgiving from the Wallace Family!

2 comments:

Emily Asay said...

Thanks for sharing--i love that u brought out the point that the best things in life don't cost us money. What a great reminder! :)

Kirsten said...

What's that saying.....the best things in life are truly free....I love you Shana-girl! You are such an amazing woman, mother, and friend! I feel blessed to have your friendship, spirit, and wisdom in my life!
LUV LUV LUV YOU:)