Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Least Favorite Holiday

I'm just going to be honest. I know I'm not running for mother of the year here, so I can say this. I really don't like Halloween. Even growing up, it wasn't my favorite. Of course, I didn't mind the candy I got, but other than that, what is the point?
I do, however, LOVE the fall season.

This picture if proof that I am not going to be mother of the year. Poor Bella in just a festive Halloween shirt and jeans. She didn't really have a "costume." I figured that I'd rather spend my money somewhere else and not a stupid costume that she would wear once and not even remember it. Here she is strolling around our church's trunk or treat enjoying the sights of all the kids running around and eating some delightful crackers. I think she had a good time even if she wasn't wearing a stupid big furry thing.

On the other hand, Alyssa is very aware of Halloween and it's purpose. To get the most candy possible! She did just that. We have candy coming out our ears at our house. I kind of want to just throw some away, because it is so hard for me not to eat it too.
We went to the trunk or treat Wednesday night, and trick or treating at friends and family on Friday night. As you can see in this picture, she is a very driven and focused trick or treater.
Sticking with our roots this year, Alyssa is a rodeo princess. Doesn't she look like she should go rope some horses or barrel race? I know I am biased, but I think she looked pretty darn cute!

Her horsey has a button on it that you press and it sound like it is galloping and neighing. She would press the button and then swing her leg over the top of the horse and say, "Let's go girl!" and she would gallop off into the sunset. I didn't get any video tape of that, so you will just have to take my word for it. Yet another reason, I will not be getting the mother of the year award.

Oh well, maybe next year? Happy Halloween Everybody! See, I'm already getting better. :)

7 comments:

Kali said...

You ARE mother of the year in my eyes! :)
The girls looked FAB for Halloween!

T * R * B said...

Your girls looked great. Sorry we missed Sat. but Torin had 101 fever and was still sick Sunday I call you later in the week to chat. I wish we could have talked at the trunk or treat but with our kids running each different way it was hard. :)

Megan said...

Alyssa is a girl after my own heart! I love the rodeo princess costume! Secretly growing up I wanted to be a rodeo princess... I just loved their big hair and crown!

Melisa said...

Alyssa is so big! Wow!

I can't stand Halloween! It just seems so evil lately. All the stores just scare my kids. Ugh. I'm glad it is over. ;)

Your girls look adorable, by the way. At least you went to a pumpkin patch. ;)

So nice catching up with you! Hope to chat soon!

Laurel said...

I don't like Halloween either. Is it genetic? xoxo

The Simmons Six said...

Thanks for making me feel not so be about myself. Michael and I went out of town last week together and completely missed Halloween yeah. My mom got the pleasure of dealing with the kids and costume. I am going to put you on my blog list. I'll be reading you later.

Kirsten said...

There is nothing wrong with that - I felt the same way last year for B, I couldn't really see the point even though I knew how cute he would look, the only reason I bought a costume was for my family since we came to tulsa for the holiday. If we would've stayed home he would've been in his halloween onesie! Good mothers think of the bigger picture....so that makes you a good mom in my eyes:)