Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Isabella!

Happy first Birthday my little Bella. November 3rd, at 7:00pm, you were born and changed our lives forever. What a great addition to our family you are. You have brought such a calm and peaceful tone into our home. You are more quiet and easy going than anyone in our family, and it is a good influence on us all. You are like your grandpa Peterson in the way that you love to just sit back and watch people. I can tell when you watching your sister, or people at the park or the store, that you are really studying them. You are trying to figure out what they are doing and why they are doing it. It is so funny.
I know you won't remember much of your first year of life here on earth. I hope that all the pictures and writing to you I've done, will one day remind you just how loved and wanted you were from the start. I love you!

Bella was a little more prissy and careful about eating her birthday cupcake than Alyssa was at her first birthday. But she got the hang of it.

This was right after we got done singing "happy birthday" to Bella and as you can see, she was a little confused about why everyone was standing around her singing at the top of their lungs.


Like most children her age, Bella was more interested in playing with the wrapping paper and sitting in the box than what was actually in them. However, momma was very excited about what was in them. Thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts for her.

Me trying to get her pull her gift out of the bag.

We had 16 people in my little house for her party. Since it was Monday night around dinner time, I made homemade stew and Cheryl brought homemade dinner rolls to go with it. It was kind of tight as you can tell, but it was so nice to have a lot of people around that love our daughter so much. Of course Grandma and Grandpa Peterson were missed, but they sent a special package to the birthday girl all the way from Wyoming. That was nice to open that from them and know they were with us kind of too.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Bella! Looks like you all enjoyed your time! I just wanted to let you know that I tried your Pumpkin Bread recipe and LOVED IT! Yummy! Thanks for sharing it!

Laurel said...

It's Bella's birthday!! What a big girl! I love that I can see you fussing with her hair in one picture. I can just see you in my mind's eye, and you remind me of your mom (and Tamara, too, for that matter.) I'm missing my family right now, so I am doubly grateful for your blog, and Jamie's, too. I feel like I am part of your lives, even being this far away. Thank you!!
Hugs.