Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Momma called the Doctor and The Doctor Said...

"Does your daughter have a habit of sticking things up her nose?"

No, but I've heard many other mothers talk of this before and now it has finally happened to me. After Alyssa stared to get sick a few weeks ago, I noticed the her nose had some yucky colored fluids and that it had a foul odor to it. I chalked it up to the fact that she was really getting sick and she had a lot of drainage from that.
But after the last 3 weeks have gone by, I noticed that the smell from her nose has increased tremendously and has gotten to the point where I was getting really grossed out. I called another fellow mother first. My older sister, Tamara, has raised 4 boys and her husband is a doctor. So if I have a medical question, they are first on my list to call before rushing over to the doctor and wasting a $20 copay if there is something simple I can do from home.
My sister tells me though about when one of her boys put something up their nose. This of course alarms me a little. GROSS! After I get off the phone my next conversation goes like this:
Me - "Alyssa honey...did you put something up your nose?
Alyssa- "Yes...(pointing to her nostril) I put a tiny rock up there."
Me - "Are you serious?"
Alyssa- "Yep."

So this morning we went to the pediatrician to see about getting it extracted. But as I feared, it is way too high for them to get it out. We are now on our way this afternoon to a Ear Nose and Throat specialist in Tulsa who will check it out and see what he can do.
I was told by my pediatrician that they may have to put her under anesthesia to perform a procedure to get the rock out.
Oh boy! I think I'm in for a really long day...what do you think?


5 comments:

Ellis Family said...

Good luck!

Emily Asay said...

oh no!! thats crazy, the kids things think of..."oh, i think i'll put this rock in my nose!" ;-)

T * R * B said...

Once Torin stuck something in his ear and it got stuck in his ear tube and they had to put him asleep to get it and the stinky infection out. By they way Eli and I had a great time the other night. Let me know if you need any help!

Kali said...

I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what went down with this story!!
Poor girl! I hope all is well! Call if you need anything!

Colleen said...

Okay, I'm so sorry this happened to you, but I laughed out loud. It was such a funny story. Kids!

I'm raising Ben's kid, so your turn to laugh will be very shortly, I'm sure!