Alyssa blowing out her candle!

Alyssa hitting the pinata!

Riding on her new big girl bike!

These are some pictures from Alyssa's princess party we had last weekend. We had about 30 people in and out of our little 1250 sq ft house. So it was crazy wild for about 3-4 hours. It was not as nice outside as I had hoped, so we didn't get to eat outside on the patio like I had planned.
We had finger foods and pink princess cupcakes to eat. (Thank you to my mom for all her help with the food prep) The kids had a lot of fun trying to hit open the pinata and loved running for all the candy after it finally got knocked out. I don't think the parents were thanking me for all the sweets their children went home with. Sorry about that!
A big thank you to every one who came and for the generous gifts. Alyssa was so happy and I know she felt very loved on her special day.
As I mentioned in my previous blog, my parents were here all last week. It was so awesome having them here. It gave me great joy to watch my parents with my children all week long. They don't get to be around them very much with us living so far away. I have a few funny stories and things from when they were here, but will save them for another blog.
They left today, so there is a sadness in the air. I usually feel sad for about 2 days, and then I snap out of it and get back in the swing of things. Robert is very used to this by now, and like clockwork, he called me as I was coming home from dropping my parents off from the airport to check on me. He knows that I need to be treated with a little extra care and sensitivity than usual on the days I say good bye to my family. I appreciate that...it makes the transition a little less painful when he makes that effort for me.



2 comments:
That's a good guy. I hate when family leaves, and it is hard to be so far away. Hey! I know. Move to Mesa and then we can hang out together!
And happy birthday to Alyssa! She's a cutie.
Looks like the party was a BLAST! I'm glad your parents could come. I'm sure they enjoyed their time with your sweet girls!
Post a Comment