My husband, Robert, just graduated from OSU in May 2007 with his business and finance degree. He is a very smart man, too smart, and sometimes that gets him into trouble. He has been working for a bank that he really likes for 4 1/2 years now. He just received a promotion to move up into the loans/lending department at the newest branch built. Although he is excited about the move, his income still doesn't equal what him and I were making together. So needless to say, we have had many nights worrying over how we are going to make our finances work on one income?
On top of a new baby coming and me quitting my job, Robert has to start paying his student loans every month starting the first of the year. YES, and it just keeps piling up!
The other night when we were looking at the numbers, I asked him what are we going to do? Should I keep working? Where are we going to find this money to pay for student loans right now? Robert just plan and simply stated, "Pizza money!" I was like, "What are you talking about?"
So, long story short, tonight after tucking my daughter into bed, I just got a phone call from my husband, who as of tonight, is driving around the city delivering pizza's to hungry people in need of Pizza Hut! Surprisingly, there is actually really good money to be earned just by delivering pizza. Who would have thought? He will be doing this three nights a week, while he searches for a better position, or job in his career that he loves. That way, I get to stay home with our daughters.
My husband is one of the most unselfish people I have ever met. He always puts me and our children first over himself. Ever since I fell in love with him, I knew he had this great quality. I don't know why after 6 years together, I catch myself being surprised and in awe over these what could seem small to some people, but great acts of love in his family's eyes. That is why he is my husband, my love, and my hero.
Goodnight.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment