Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Saturday, August 18, 2007

I just can't seem to get it clean enough!

As we all know I'm 7 months pregnant, and I guess I am in what people would classify as the "nesting phase" of my pregnancy, because I just can't seem to sit still for one minute and relax. Only after about 10:00pm when my fat little feet can't seem to move another step do I collapse on my couch.
Now, for people out there who don't know me, I have to confess that being a neat freak and being a busy all the time is part of who I already was before I was pregnant. I have always from the time I can remember, liked things neat and clean. I think it was something that was genetically implanted in me because my mother and my grandmother are both this way as well. But, since I am only 2 months out from having this baby, I think it has really gotten out of control.
My husband is always like, "honey just sit down and put your feet up for a little bit." and I'm like, "but honey, I just can't sit down until all these closets are cleaned out." And it is true, if I have something in my head to do that day, I can't go to sleep until it is completed.
SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
I know, I know...my little sister calls it OCD, and for a time I thought maybe she was right. But, I recently watched a real life program tracking people with OCD, and I definately don't have that!
There is a friend I have, who will remain nameless, and we joke around and tell ourselves that we are selective OCD. Whatever that mean? I don't know, but it makes us feel a little less crazy. :)
Today is Saturday and my sweet husband had to go and do a information booth at a school function for his "real job," at Tulsa Teacher's Credit Union. He is bilingual and can speak with the Hispanic people there very easily. He is the only employee there that is bilingual, and I think that is why they asked him to go.
So I am frantically running around the house cleaning and organizing and going through old baby stuff etc... checking things off my to do list in my crazy head, while Alyssa runs around after me saying, "I do it to mommy, I'll help you mommy!" And I wonder why Alyssa thinks it is fun to sweep the kitchen floor? UH DUH! Maybe that is a hint?

No comments: