Want to know what is more fun than taking my 2 daughters with me to a 2 hour OBGYN appointment that I had to be at 8:00am this morning? When your 2 year old daughter, without warning, decides to throw up all over the waiting room and herself.
It was disguisting, embarrassing, and I'm sure the ladies staring at me through their tiny glass window were wondering, "Why the heck did you bring your sick child to the appointment with you?" In my defense, she was not sick, and has not been acting sick. I shewed both my girls into the bathroom and cleaned Bella up the best I could. Alyssa was freaking out the whole time saying, "Oh my gosh, this is a disaster!" Do you think she's heard that a time or two?
Once we were presentable again, I shewed them back into the OB office and went on with my appointment. Why you ask? Because I was there already. I wanted to get it over with. So once again, I pulled up my big girl panties and we got through it.
The positive things that came from this experience are that baby #3 is looking great. My doctor thinks I look great and that it is all in my head that I am too big. She says I measure just right. Hmmm....I think she's just being nice because I've already paid my bill in full for her services.
I had to run over to the lab and drink that nasty orange drink for the gestational diabetes test they do. Alyssa wanted some because she thought it was Sunkist pop. I would have been glad to share with her, however, there were people watching me.
Because the girls were with me, I had to smile and pretend not to be grossed out with the needle sitting in my arm to draw my blood. UGH! I hate needles. Alyssa informed me after today that she is never having children. Little does she know it gets a lot worse than what she saw today.
We all made it home and Bella is acting tired, but hungry now. We will see how she feels throughout the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Love the new name of your blog. So cute!
WE all have those happy memories of glamorous mommy moments. They are inevitable...some are just more glamorous:)
I'm liking the new momoire. Funny. But this moment of your life? Not so funny. Sorry. Kids puking in public is the worst, and you know I know. I'm sending you my heartfelt sympathies!
Post a Comment