Then the girls pick a book for storytime. We sit on Alyssa's bed and we will read a few verses out of the the Book of Mormon, we have family prayer, then one of us reads the bedtime story. Then it is lights out.
This is our routine. It may seem silly to some, but I can tell a big difference in our family and in my children when we take the time out of our busy day to come together every night to do this with them.
I mother wiser than me once gave me some great advice. She told me that she found it was so important to lay next to her older son right before bed and just talk to him alone awhile. She would ask him about his day. What he liked best, or disliked about it. What was on his mind? Stuff like that. She noticed a huge change in his attitude toward her and that their relationship was a lot closer once she started doing that.
My daughter Alyssa is beginning to get older and as she does, she begins to test me more and more. Somedays I feel like I debate back and forth with her more than anything else I do. In my personal prayers I have been asking for patience and knowlege to know how to handle her best. She is so strong willed and independant (don't know where she got that?? HAHAHA!) that I want to be sure I am helping her use those characteristics for choosing good things and not to be rebellious.
This morning that conversation with this wise mother and her simple advice came flooding to my mind. I am grateful for this memory of this advice and that my prayers were answered. I feel like this is a great thing I can be doing every night with Alyssa. To lay down by her and just talk with her about her day. What is on her mind. To tell her what she did good that day and that I love her. I think every mother could do this more because we do get so busy.
My placenta is sitting very low over the cervix. It isn't completely covering the cervix, so my doctor is hopeful that it will resolved itself as the baby grows. I have another ultrasound next week to check to see how it is doing.
It is strange to me to think that I only have 14 weeks left before I am a mother of three little girls. At this point, I am looking forward to seeing our little girl and to know that she is healthy.
As I have mentioned in a previous post, Rob is in process of building the girls some custom full over full bunkbeds. They are looking so great, and I'm starting to get really excited to see them finished!
So we do not have a need or the space for this twin bed. If you are interested or know anybody who is interested in buying this bed, please comment on my post, or email me @ shanaw@tulsacoxmail.com
(the bed quilt and pillows are not included in the sale. However, I would give the twin sheet set and bed skirt)
Rob reading bedtime stories to the girls the other night. This is always a sight that makes me smile.



1 comment:
Thanks for the advice! Nick is really good about laying down with Blake at the end of the day but if he isn't available then Blake usually will request me to lay down by him but since I'm usually so focused on "me time" after a day solely focused on the boys I usually decline the invite but after reading your post I think I will gratefully accept his invitation... and before too long he won't want me to be by him so I should take full advantage while I still can! BTW- you look fantastic at 25 weeks! And I also am looking forward to seeing the completed bunk bed set!
Post a Comment