In 4 1/2 months my little girl will be going to all day Kindergarten! I can't believe it! Sometimes I am a little scared for her to be away from me all day long. I have to really trust in the teachers and people over her to make sure she is safe and happy. I haven't had to do that before really that much. The first two years of her life, she went to an at home daycare while I worked full- time still. She loved it there, and it was harder on me to leave her there everyday then it ever was on her.
She is so excited and ready to go and learn. She is so outgoing that she will probably have more of a social life than I do. She's been asking me all sorts of funny questions about being in school, so I know she is thinking about it a lot. She asks me things like, "What if someone doesn't want to be my friend?" "Will I get to ride on a school bus?" "Can I get a cute backpack?" "When I go to school all day, that means I won't take naps anymore?" (that one she is making more of statement to me rather than a question)
I am very excited for her and it will be so fun to watch her learn and grow into this new phase of her life. This year there will be some big changes in our family with Alyssa being gone to school all day, and having a newborn baby around again. I was thinking the other day all the things that I will miss when Alyssa isn't here around the house with us all day.

I will miss watching Alyssa and Bella play together all day long. They are best girlfriends, and it is so fun to watch.

Alyssa started gymnastics class, and she loves it. She isn't scared of the things they ask her to try and she is a tough girl, so I think she could do well if she sticks with it. I think I need to invest in a real gymnastics leotard, so her underwear won't stick out. What do you think? :)
She will still get to keep up her class when school starts, but we won't be doing it in the late morning, and then going for our girl's lunches like we used to.

I will miss afternoon naps with Alyssa. When she's sleepy or sick is about the only time she sits still long enough to cuddle with me.

I will miss bike rides and walks to the park on sunny afternoons. She loves to ride down this driveway across from our house because she can get going real fast! Look at that face!

I will miss baking "after nap snacks" with her. She is such a great asst baker and is such a little helper. On the other hand- maybe I will lose this baby weight faster if she isn't around to want to bake so much? Hmmmm?
I will miss her funny little things she says to me through out the day. She just makes me laugh. Today she said, "Momma if I give you a big kiss, will you let me stay up with you and not nap today?" Come on, how can I resist her charm?
3 comments:
Awww,all the things you described that you will miss are things you will miss doing with her! Sounds like you are such a good mom to do all those things with her, I know she will miss you so much, too!
I, too, worry what will happen when Jackson goes to Kindergarten (in 2 years) and other people begin to influence him, and I have to relinquish a little control of the things that shape him. Scary! You have done a good job, she will be able to discern things she shoudl avoid and things that are good for her!
I'm excited to watch how you handle this because in about 2 years I will be in your exact situation, with baby #3 on the way and Jackson going off to kinder!
I can't believe she is going to kindergarten this year! When we moved to the ward she was LITTLE! My how time flies when you're having fun!
Do not blink...she will be a princess at her own wedding!!!
Just keep doing all that you are doing...and enjoying every moment.
You are a wonderful mother!
I hope you have a beautiful day today!!!
Happy Birthday Shana!!!
We love you!!
KEEP SMILING!!!
Post a Comment