Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Monday, March 22, 2010

There are Kids Everywhere I look!


Recently I was asked to serve in my church ward primary presidency. Something that I will have to admit completely overwhelms me at this point in my life. I have two little ones I'm at home with all day long, and one that I am in process of growing inside of me. Sundays are supposed to be my day of rest, calm, and spiritual rejuvenation. It is a hard task as it is to try to teach my own kids to be reverent and sit quietly during the first hour of church. Now with my new calling in primary I am trying to teach this to everyone else's children the last two hours of church. With any area I have served in the church, there are good days and not so good days.
The other morning as we met for a presidency meeting, one of the ladies gave this scripture and thought to us from the Book of Mormon. 3 Nephi 17 23-24:
"And he spake unto the multitude, and said into them: Behold my little ones."
"And as they looked to behold they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels decending out of the heaven as it were in the midst of fire: and they were encircled about with fire; and the angels did minister unto them."
After she shared these verses with us, we discussed how special these little children are to God, and what our roles are as their primary leaders through His eyes. We all talked about how interesting it was that He used the words encircled about with fire when the angels were ministering to them.
I know that I am one of God's angels that have been called to teach, fellowship, and love His children as if He were here to do it Himself. That it is my responsibility to encircle them with purifying things of God to help keep the bad things of the world out of their lives as much as possible.
My new calling isn't always easy, glamorous, or relaxing. However, since I have had this mind set about it, I have truly felt blessed and honored to serve His little ones.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh how I can relate! When I was in the primary presidency in Cowley I totally felt overwhelmed but I can now honestly say that it has been my favorite calling I have had the privilege of holding! Good luck!

PS. I think your husband should definitely read my concert post... who doesn't need their husband to pay money to take their wife to get all dreamy eyed over another man! LOL!

Laurel said...

Loved this post. You are a great lady, and I know you will do a great job wherever you are, but I feel for you. Primary is a hard place to be when all you do is kiddos, but as our Bishop pointed out a couple of weeks ago in ward leadership, the best people need to be in primary for all of the reasons you pointed out in your post. I love you!

P.S. I am shocked you are having a girl. I really expected the blue, but I have to say, I'm a little jealous. You get to do the princess thing again. I miss that stage. I'd like to do it just one more time!