Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Official News!

To our HUGE surprise, my ultrasound today showed us that we are having another girl! We were told at an early ultrasound by the PA, that she 98% thought it was a boy. We knew it wasn't a for sure thing, however, we definately had our hopes up for our boy to come.
Today when the ultrasound tech showed us the shot of our baby through the legs, there it was plain as day- the hamburger! Three distinct lines showing us we are in fact having another girl!
After the initial shock was over, we are of course happy to welcome another healthy baby girl.
Alyssa and Bella were able to be in the room with us, and Alyssa was SO excited about that. It was a really fun family event. The ultrasound tech was very generous with her time and explained all that we were looking at to the girls. Alyssa stood up by head so she could see the screen the best. Then the cutest thing of the whole experience happened.

Alyssa: (strokes my head and kisses my cheek) Your doing so good momma!

Me: I'm doing good at what baby?

Alyssa: At not peeing your pants!

I had to have a full blatter for the ultrasound, and I had told her on the way there that I barely could walk because I needed to pee so badly. Oops! Guess I need to filter what I say to her a little more!



We have been in the beginning stages of potty training our little toddler Bella. She is very proud to wear her big girl pull ups, as you can see in this picture. She thinks it is really fun and exciting sitting on the potty, however she has only gone pee-pee in the potty once.


This was after Bella's first successful potty!


6 comments:

Megan said...

LOL! Alyssa is too funny! Good job "mama", glad to see you have mastered "holding it" while pregnant (and always for that matter)! Congrats on Bella and working towards being diaper free! Oh, and of course, most importantly... Congrats on the official news of baby girl #3 joining your family soon!!!

Kirsten said...

YEAH :) I mean I totally wanted you to have a boy, but YEAH :)
Way to go on the Potty Training... haha.... have fun & keep us updated on how it goes :) Can't wait to see you

Kirsten said...

PS - Alyssa is SOOOOOOO stinkin cute!! She definatley has her daddy's personality :) hehehe.... I can just picture her saying that while you're lying there :) hehe

Kali said...

How cute about Alyssa! You are awesome! Sorry you're not having a boy, but a girl will be so fun too....guess you'll just have to have another one ;)
Can't wait to hopefully visit with you at some point this week!

Mostess Mommy said...

Congratulations!!! We had the opposite happen. In one ultrasound, they said we were definitely having a girl and I even saw the three lines. Two weeks later at another ultrasound, they tech said she was 98% sure it was a boy and we couldn't deny the little boy part in between his legs!

How fun to have three little girls! Good luck and I hop you are feeling well! I am 32 weeks today!

Colleen said...

I missed this blog and I just saw this! Aw man! I was hoping you'd have a boy, but yay for another healthy girl! At least it will be easier since you've got a ton of girly stuff! You can certainly borrow my boys if ever you think you want to try again for a boy! ;)