Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Friday, March 5, 2010

I Feel Spring Coming

In addition to the spring season in the air, I have also felt a lot more spring in my step these days. I can't tell you how good it feels to not be sick everyday. I have had much more energy in the past couple of weeks, and I can tell my nesting stage is kicking in. I feel like 5 months just isn't enough time to get caught up on the last 4 months of things that I have been slacking off from because of feeling ill.
Some of the big upcoming events and projects in our home the next 5 months will be:
-20 week ultrasound - the big official reveal of our baby's sex
-Gathering together newborn baby stuff- this will not be hard if it is a girl, however,if it is a boy like we were told, we will be really busy!
-Putting together the nursery for baby.
-We are moving Bella out of the baby crib into a "big girl" bed. We have decided to do bunk beds in the girl's room and have been looking for good ones for awhile now. Robert has decided he can make them a lot better than what we can afford to buy. He promises it will be a good idea and money saver. I am very thankful he is so handy, but having done in a timely matter here is the key.
-We are in the middle of shopping around for who and what to do for a fence around our backyard. As spring/summer fast approaches, we feel with such fast growing neighborhood and small children wanting to run around the yard- a fence is a must!! If anyone has any good references for fence builders or where to get materials for a fence, let me know. Of course my husband has also told me he'd rather put the fence up himself rather than pay someone way too much money to do it for him. Along with the bunk beds, the big question is when are you finding the time to do all this?
-I am so behind schedule for the insurance billing I do from home. Doing a less than great job at my job is just so annoying to me! Working from home is great, but it just chews at my heels all day and night because it is right here. I can't get away from whatever I didn't get done that day, and it haunts me from the next room. I need to get a lot more done before having this new baby. I will leave it at that.
-Robert is going on another business trip to Mexico in June. Actually, it will be the week of his 30th birthday. He is very busy trying to keep up with the demands of his job.
-Alyssa starts all day Kindergarten in August. Right around the time the baby is due.



Rob took the girls to our church's annual daddy/daughter dance. The girls had a blast with him, and it was so fun to dress them all up to go out on a date with daddy.


One of my favorite times of the day and something a lot of friends think is pretty amazing, is that both my girls always nap at the same time everyday. It gives me 2 hours of quiet to myself, and I can get a lot of things done. The other day I snuck into their room and snapped these pics of them napping just to remind myself later how cute they are when they sleep.




Bella has graduated out of her highchair for meal time and snack time. She decided she was way too old to be sitting in that baby chair! This was a pic of her at lunch time the other day. She loves sitting up on the big kid chairs at the bar.



We have been SO happy to see the sun and feel the warm breeze this past week. It has been so nice to go outside and play with the girls. We have been using the park in our neighborhood alot this week. Alyssa loves the swings and she is trying to master the monkey bars right now. I have some funny video footage of her trying to do them by herself, I will post it later.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

You have alot to do, but all that is soooo fun!! When do you find out the sex of the baby? When you get started on the nursery, maybe we can get a group of girls together one weekend and all work on your nursery together! I'd love to help you paint, and I'm sure my mom would watch my boys for a few hours so I can come help you. That would be fun!!

Kirsten said...

You are definately nesting!! haha, and I'm sure that if Rob says he'll do it and get it done in time, then he will! He's alwasy been really great at stuff like that! And what a blessing that he not only has the skills but that he WANTS to!! Relish in the fact my dear, that doesn't happen to the rest of us!! LOL (don't get me wrong, I love my hubby but he's NO handyman!)

Laurel said...

How fun was it to have Robert here with us?! He's a terrific guy. But I felt bad that the evening was a bit of a three ring circus around here. I don't know what happened! People were coming and going, the phone was ringing...nuts, I tell you. Next time you need to come, though, and we can play. I'd love that!! xoxo, honey.

Rachel said...

Yup...you're nesting for sure! Hey Shana, I need to chat with you for a sec and I keep losing your phone number...could you email me at rachel.logsdon@cox.net so I can catch up with you?