Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What's been happening?

The biggest change around our home is probably the news that we recieved on Thanksgiving Day. We are expecting our 3rd child! Just Robert, my girls, and our parents have known since then. We have been so proud of Alyssa for keeping our little surprise until I was further along.
However, since this is my third pregnancy, my body seems to want to show a little sooner than I'd like. It is getting very hard to "hide" my baby bump and growing other areas I won't mention. So for all of you who have been wondering if I was just a little thicker from eating too much over the holiday, you know now that this was intentional. :)
I went to the doctor on Monday and we heard the heartbeat. That is always a reassuring sound to hear. I am due August 8, 2010. The first thing my mom said when I told her when I was due, "August?...who wants to come to Tulsa in August?" Thanks mom. But I know I am in for one really hot summer.
We are very excited about this addition to our family. We are all rooting for a baby boy, but we will be happy as long as the baby is healthy.
As far as how I've been feeling the last 11 weeks. Not good! My poor husband. I know he wonders where all my energy and motivation went to? But, maybe this will all pay off for him and he will get his boy. I was never sick with my pregnancies with the girls, and I am sick every morning and every evening pretty much with this little one. So we will see?
I am looking forward to moving into my 2nd trimester and hopefully feeling a lot better.




This is the Gingerbread house we created, well, Alyssa mainly. She was so into it! The icing started to drip in places, but overall it was a lot of fun.
Notice Bella wearing Alyssa's underwear over her PJ's? This is her new thing. We are starting to potty train, so she has a new interest with underwear.












8 comments:

Mostess Mommy said...

Congrats! I'll send you some boy vibes since we'll be having boy #2 in May! August does seems so far away, though!

As a side note, with both Quinton and this pregnancy, I was VERY sick and VERY tired. But with this pregnancy, I took B6 and half a unisom at night and felt MUCH MUCH better! When that stopped working as well, I got a prescription for Zofran and that was FREAKING AMAZING! Mine was an 8 hour pill and it made me feel like a new person! Don't be afraid to ask you OB for help! No sense in feeling like crap all of the time!!!

Megan said...

Congratulations!!! We will be cheering or the "blue team"! And as for an August baby... I hear they are the most amazing, beautiful, talented, just plain ol' truly remarkable babies ever created! (I was born on Aug. 4th... LOL)!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. There is nothing worse that being sick. I hope it passes soon:)

Colleen said...

Oh.my.gosh! You totally hide it well! I was thinking how great you looked over the holidays, not AT ALL that you looked like you were showing or getting thicker or anything! WOW! I'm so excited for you!!!!! Fingers crossed that Robert will get his boy! I hope you feel better! It is exhausting when you have other kids to take care of and you are pregnant, too! But, YAY!

Colleen said...

P.S. I agree with Megan (Also an August baby, and so was Jackson!!)

Laurel said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you. I was just thinking yesterday how badly I want to be pregnant again. I know. Hard to believe when you are feeling as crummy as you are, but I look back on that time and can hardly remember it. It is such a miracle having that baby inside of you! (Can you tell I'm a little envious?) I will hope for blue, too. And don't feel a bit guilty for napping and resting. When else do you have such a wonderful excuse? Live it up. xoxo

Kathleen said...

Congrata! I am so excited for you guys!

Don't Dream Your Life, Live Your Dreams said...

Congratulations!! How exciting!! I enjoy reading your blog.