Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Early Summer in Tulsa...

Those of you who don't live in the Tulsa area may not know how cherished the early days of summer are to us who do live here. They are more precious than any gold, silver, or diamonds. Well, maybe not more than diamonds, but you get my point right?
We have had such mild weather this month. Normally what happens is it will rain constantly for a month and then we are straight into the high 90's and high humidity. YUCK! Can you tell I hate the hot summer weather here??
I am almost sad to see the month of May go because the weather has been so enjoyable. We have been able to run around outside doing things we normally would have a heat stroke trying to do in the humidity.
On the other hand, I am happy to see the month of May go because that means we will be leaving in three weeks to go to Wyoming for 2 months. Me and the girls will be staying with my parent's and visiting family while Rob is here catching up on his work, and overseeing the building of our new house. I know, what I great husband right? It will be a long time apart. The longest we've ever been away from each other in 7 years is 6 days. I know he will really miss his girls, but he is willing to sacrifice his time with us to see his girls enjoy our summer. He knows how much it means to me to get to spend some real time with my side of the family. We don't get to do that very often, and it is so important to me that my girls really know them and where their mommy grew up. I am excited for that part of it, but will miss Rob terribly.
Rob will fly back to us and we will all drive home together on August 21st. So June-August I will be posting blogs from my childhood home town of Cowley Wyoming. Stay tuned for some really exciting stuff! (hint of sarcasm) :)




The weather has been just right for the splash parks to open. Bella took some time to warm up to them. She isn't really wasn't too enthusiastic about the cold water spraying in her face. Alyssa on the other hand, no surprise here - LOVES IT!



We have spent quite a bit of time at the park since we know it won't be long until we can't go there without have heat stroke.
The other day, Alyssa walked over to this mom that was sitting by the swings watching her son play. She sat down by her and chatted with her for like 25 minutes. They were looking at butterflies and admiring each others painted toenails. I was pushing Bella on the swing(as shown below) and I kept asking Alyssa if she wanted to come play with us, or if she wanted me to push her in the swings? She just kept saying, "One minute mom, I'm talking with this lady." I thought that it was so funny how she was chatting with her like she'd known her for years. She is a lot like her daddy that way. Never met a stranger and would make a friend with about anyone.

I guess I just have to make sure she knows a little more about stranger danger and how not everyone is good to talk to.



Bella was getting so tired and I needed to take her home to nap, but every time I'd go to stop her swing to pick her up, she would cry and shake her head at me. She loved the swings so much, and I hey, I don't blame her!



Alyssa mastering the art of bubble blowing. These are deluxe magic wands- so they were dubble the bubble fun! :)



Me and Alyssa making it rain bubbles on top of Bella. We played with these for a long, long time. They just couldn't get enough of them. I love this age when they can be so easily entertained for a few dollars.

It was time for the girls to get summer hair cuts. Alyssa got a short a line cut around her face, with a little layering in the back. It is very cute when it is dried and styled. She looks so grown up. The funniest part of her getting her hair cut was when the lady sat her down in the chair, she said, "So, how is your work today?" The lady looked at me and asked how old she was. Alyssa then continied to carry on a full on conversation about hair with her and she and I just had to laugh at her. She is pretty dang cute when she wants to be. :)


Bella got her first hair trim. We finally got rid of the Billy Cyrus mullet. As you can see, she wan't too excited at first about it. Then mommy sat in the chair and then I put her on my lap. After I was sitting with her and she was given a lollipop, all was well. She looks like such a big girl now!

This is Alyssa and Josh M. taking an afternoon nap together on his bed while mommy worked from Cheryl's office. I thought it was so cute that she didn't want to nap that day until Josh could nap with her. She just loves those Mason boys.

My friend, and co-worker, Cheryl Mason. This is her home office area. The second laptop and printer is mine that I'm working from while I don't really have my own home office. It is fun to be able to come and work with her. We have a great time together and we work well together. I love that both my girls are just napping in the next room while I am getting my work done. I have been blessed because of that situation and I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so exciting that you are coming to town. We should meet at the kiddie pool sometime. It would be so fun to see you.

Kali said...

WOOT WOOT for nice weather in good ol' Tulsa OK!! :) The girls are truly adorable with their new haircuts. I'm glad you get to go home, but still SUPER depressed you and ShaRee and leaving me here to have "heat stroke" by myself!! :( :( :(

Megan said...

We will have to get together while you are "home"! I would love to get to know you and your girls better... especially since Nick thinks so much of you! Is the picture of the house at the top of your blog going to be the same house plan for your new home? Looks beautiful!

The Simmons Six said...

Good to hear you are coming home. I just spent a few days with my sister that lives in Tulsa... she met me in texas.