Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Momma

This was a picture taken of my mom and Alyssa on my mom's birthday last year. We had just had Isabella, and she flew in to Tulsa to be with us and stayed 3 weeks. We loved having her here on her special day! These beautiful flowers were sent from my dad. (Isn't he getting to be a romantic)




This picture is when my mom and dad were last here in Oklahoma visiting us for Alyssa's birthday. She helped me so much with everything. Alyssa was so excited that her grandma and grandpa came all the way from Wyoming to be here for her special day.




This picture is of me and my beautiful momma during one of my birthday parties. She always made birthdays around our house special.

For as long back as I can remember, I've loved my mother. She has always been the person I can count on through thick and thin, who loves me unconditionally, and has always been someone I look up to and strive to be like in many ways. She is an amazingly strong woman. She is a hard worker, and has taught me how to dig in and get things done. She runs a clean and orderly home, and I have definately inherited those tendencies. She can out bake anybody on any given day, and while I can't say I'm the best at it, I do really enjoy baking. She has a tell it like it is attitude. She is very honest and upfront with her feelings. I find it refreshing and if I want to know whats what about something, I ask my mother. Guess what? I am the same way about that too. She is a great party planner, home decorator, seamstress, and scrapbooker! These are just of few of the great things about my mother.
I think the best thing about my mother is her capacity to love. She has shown me more love in my life so far, than I can begin to recount. I appreciate her so much and I just know I'd feel lost without her. It has been a real struggle for me to live so far away from my family, but especially from my mother. I feel like she is the one person who understands me best. Maybe because I'm a lot like her?
I am a lot like her, and I think that is why we would butt heads so much while I was in my brain dead teenage years. I don't know what happened to me, I guess you can call it hormones?
I do know that if there was one thing that I could take back or do over again in my life, it would be those three teenage years. I'd redo all the times that I treated my mother with disrespect. I was so selfish and turned in, that I didn't open my eyes enough to see the amazing woman in my life. Don't get me wrong, I loved my mother, I always have, but I took her and all the wonderful things she did forgranted during that time. I moved out of my parents house right after I graduated high school, and it didn't take me long to realize how wonderful my mother truly was and what a wonderful home she had made for me growing up. Since then, I feel like my mother has become one of my best friends. She is the person that I call first usually when anything bad or good happens in my life. She is the person I miss most in my life. She is the person I look forward to seeing the most when I go home for a visit.
So even though I am not with you on your birthday today, I want you to know how much I love you and appreciate you. You are the best momma that a daughter could ever ask for!
Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

T * R * B said...

It is so good that you are close to your mom know. It is a wounderful thing to be able to have your mommy even if it is just on the phone. It dosent matter if you are 2 or 26 you still need you parents. I wish I could be close to my mom. I am hopfull that my kids will look to me even when they are 20. :) Sorry for the sick kiddos. Torin is running 101 fever since last night after yall left.

Laurel said...

Awwww. Now that is a great birthday present. And I will add my amen to all that you said. Your mom is truly great. And you, my dear, are a great daughter.

I think every teenage girl gives their mother grief, but it's also good to know that as we get older we all come to understand, love, and depend on them more. That mother/daughter bond is amazing.

Genelle Powell said...

Aren't you glad you have daughters so that one day they will feel the same way about you! Don't worry, Mom's have to forgive thier daughters for giving them hell while we were teenagers! :) I know I sure did as well.

The Simmons Six said...

Shana I know just what you are talking about with the whole mom thing. My mom finally told me to stop appologizing for the past. I am greatful for your mom also. And you are so right she can bake circles around any one.