This week has brought some beautiful fall weather and since Robert had a three day weekend at home, we thought we'd take advantage and enjoy some time outside as a family. We went out to lunch together and then went to a pumpkin patch to hunt for the perfect pumpkin for Alyssa and Bella.
Alyssa took a ride in the wheel barrow with the pumpkins that she picked. One is for her and one is for Bella. Can you guess which one was for her?
Have you ever seen a little girl so excited to be sitting in front of a bunch of pumpkins?
Alyssa has been reading some fall library books, in one of them the kids go hunting for the perfect pumpkin. Because this was still fresh in her mind, she took quite awhile to find her perfect pumpkin. It was pretty cute watching her and every time Rob would say, "How about this one?" Alyssa would look at it and say, "Hmmm...no not that one."
On the way home with two happy little girls. I thought to myself how nice this stage of life is with them. They really aren't that hard to please. Just a little quality time with mommy and daddy, a $6.00 pumpkin, and you'd think we had just bought them a real pony. I love how excited they get over just the most simple things. Alyssa took one look at all the rows of pumpkins and she gasped with joy and said her usual, "Oh my goodness!"
Bella isn't even big enough to pick her own pumpkin out, but she was just so happy to be there watching everyone else. She had the biggest grin on her face. What joy my little girls gives me! More than I can put into words.
Keeping with the fall theme of the weekend, we made some pumpkin bread. This was a yummy recipe that I got last fall from Ms Mary. (Alyssa's home daycare she used to go to when I worked full time) It is really easy to make and it makes your home smell so good! Give it a try!
2 cups of Pumpkin filling
2 cups White Sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs lightly beaten
2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix all ingredients together well. Bake in greased bread pan on 350 for 40-50 minutes.
Brush a little butter on the top of the bread while it is still hot and then cut and serve.
Note: Baking time varies because of oven, elevation, and sizes of pans used. I used two big bread pans and it took them about 50 minutes to cook all the way through. I would suggest checking the bread with a toothpick after 35minutes to be careful not to burn the bottoms.



4 comments:
So much fun! We are going to take Blake to a Pumpkin Patch this week (hopefully... we are running out of October)! It really is amazing what simple things make your children happy!
I can't wait to try your pumpkin bread recipe! Maybe today even... sounds like a great treat for FHE!
We took Jackson to a pumpkin patch on Saturday, too. I need to blog about it, I just haven't downloaded my pictures yet. He was runing through all the pumpkins, playing hide and seek with Daddy behind the little wooden characters in the field. He kept trying to pick up all the pumkins. It was really cute!
Thanks for the pumpkin bread recipe. I copied and printed it. I love pumpkin muffins from Panera Bread, so I have been looking for some good pumpkin recipes.
How fun! I love that Bella got the miniature pumpkin from her sister! Hah! That Alyssa cracks me up.
I'll be trying your pumpkin bread. Mmm...can't wait.
Love you!
looks like you ahd lots of fun! Calli's preschool is taking a field trip to the pumpkin patch and I am helping... YIKES! My mom planted a couple rows of pumpkins and the took over her garden, grew on top of her trampoline, over her fence and on to the lawn. She was literally running them over with her lawnmower so she had 56 to get rid of so I will definatly be trying the recipe! Take care!
Post a Comment