
The girls with their new baby comfy cozies

Alyssa's is a horse- she named him spirit

Bella's is a pink puppy. She seems to like it .

Did you ever have a special blanket or something that you had to have all of the time when you were young? I did. Mine was a pink and white blanket that my grandmother had made. I loved that thing and I couldn't sleep without it. It brought me great joy to have it with me where ever I was.
Way back when I had Alyssa, I received the cutest baby gift from a friend back in Wyoming. It was called a Baby Gund- Comfy Cozy. What is this may you ask? It is like a little comfort blanket/stuffed animal. Alyssa's was a pink elephant one and she took to it right away. I have pictures of her laying with it her first day at home and she hasn't left anywhere without it since. Needless to say, with her dragging it everywhere all the time for the past 3 1/2 years it has gotten pretty worn out. I had to wash it once a week just to keep it somewhat clean. Finally, poor baby elephant started to loose all of it's stuffings all over the house because of holes in it. Bella, who is now crawling all over the place, was finding these little balls of stuffing and I was so worried she was going to put one in her mouth and choke on it.
MY POINT- Because of it becoming a baby hazard I was able to justify getting online and ordering a new one for Alyssa. BUT- of course I couldn't get one for Alyssa and not get one for Bella right? They came in the mail yesterday and Alyssa was so thrilled to see her new baby comfy cozy! She didn't even hesitate to throw out her old baby elephant. That really surprised me! Bella was excited too, I think mostly because Alyssa was so excited about it.



6 comments:
Logan's blanket is shredded...and grey (it used to be white.) It's really disgusting, and I've told her that I will knit her a new one, which she has agreed to, but she insists that we will not get rid of the old one. She is die hard!!! She has loved that thing since she was a baby. Since she was too little to carry it around! (I got a little carried away making it.) Anyway, I think the only way I will be able to remove "hankie" from the house is to pry it out of her cold, dead hands. Actually, I think she will--as an old fart--insist on being buried with it! :0)
xoxox
Max fell in love with a blanket on my parents bed...it was just an extra blanket, under the comforter-nothing special. He was still just a little baby and would lay on it and suck his fingers. We got really lucky because my Mom liked him more than the blanket and actually cut it into four smaller pieces. Perfect baby blanket sizes. Now we have spares...when one gets too dirty I just switch it! He still has them..even with spares they are pretty "used" and he's only 2!
Max fell in love with a blanket on my parents bed...it was just an extra blanket, under the comforter-nothing special. He was still just a little baby and would lay on it and suck his fingers. We got really lucky because my Mom liked him more than the blanket and actually cut it into four smaller pieces. Perfect baby blanket sizes. Now we have spares...when one gets too dirty I just switch it! He still has them..even with spares they are pretty "used" and he's only 2!
I don't know if/what I had when I was that little....hhmmm....but I know that when I was about 11/12 that I was obsessed with a blue costume skirt that I pretended was my "princess hair" becuase I always wanted really long hair and mine doesn't grow!! So yah, I would put barretts and head bands in it and take it everywhere with me - until we went camping with it once and my "dear-old-brothers" threw it in the river and I never saw it again....I'm still managing to get over that - I think that's why I'm so obsessed wtih changing and growing my hair all the time...opressed memories!
lol, your daughters are BEAUTIFUL!!!
oh forgot to mention that B's is his "iggy" aka binky....and maybe his blanket and an elmo my mom got him for his bday....he's not really into anything during the day other than his binky but at night it's a whole new ballgame with what he must have in order to sleep!
All of a sudden Jackson is super-obsessed with a large dalmation beanie baby. It has been in his crib since he was a baby because it matched the whole dalmation/firetruck theme we have going on in there, then one day he just started talking to it and carrying it around. Now he breaks out in a huge smile whenever he sees it, and he talks to it until he falls asleep. We'll hear him in the monitor just chattering away up there! So cute!
Post a Comment