
Oh man that is cold...

Waiting for the water to dump on her...

Bella and I got a little wet too...

As you all know, I am not a big fan of the Oklahoma summer weather. But, I am not going to dwell on that sore spot. I want to focus on some thing much more positive...SPLASH PARKS!
They are all over the Tulsa area, and now I can see why. I hadn't ever taken Alyssa to one before since in her first two years of life I worked during the days. But, this last week, me and my two girls, along with a number of other delightful ladies from my church and their children, met at a local splash park. We sat on our blankets and watched our kiddos run around and scream with delight while the water on the play area sprayed them in the face or the body. We had good visit time as fellow young mothers, got a little bit of sun, and our children had a blast. It is nice for Alyssa's age group especially, because you don't have to worry about them drowning in the water.
The best part of the experience was that it was all FREE!!!
Back in Wyoming, I was taught from a very young age that when you can do something fun like this, and you don't have to pay anything for it...then that is the best kind of fun.
After the splash park, some of the gals and I went over to Mcalister's Deli for some lunch and it was equally delightful, although not free.
By the time my girls and I got home and got cleaned up, we were all ready for a good nap...and that is just what we all did.



3 comments:
It WAS delightful wasn't it. I really enjoyed all of it as well, including Cedi's and my nap!
hey you guys wanna go again this week sometime? tuesday or thursday?
We actually have a splash park in Belgrade, but it's been so dang cold and rainy we have yet to take advantage. Yeah, we do have the same nickname. My cousin Arch's wife's name is Shantay, and she also gets called Shan, so it's a little confusing when we all get together! And I agree on your earlier post- husbands should listen more!:)
Post a Comment