Me with my Mother's Day gift...
This weekend was full of fun things. Friday afternoon I met up with a bunch of my old girl friends and all of our kids for a play date at the park. It was such a nice day outside and the kids had a blast running around wild together. I am so sad that I didn't get any pictures of it, because we don't get all together like that all the time. But, I was running late, and forgot my camera. BOO for me! :(
After the play date, I took the kiddos home for their naps. Robert stayed with them while I met some other friends for a mother's day pedicure. It was delightful! Every mother needs to give some loving attention to her feet and toes. We work so hard on them, I think we all deserve to pamper them once in awhile.
Saturday, we had an open house. I had the place looking so good and we were so excited. I took the girls out all afternoon with me so that Robert could be there to do his business talk with people that came through. But, to our sadness, not one person came to see the house. This selling house business is tough! I think it is time to reconsider our strategy?
Sunday we went to church and there were such great speakers on motherhood. It wasn't really anything I hadn't heard before. I know that being a mother is a divine calling and that it is my most important role in this life. But through the wear and tear of days, sometimes I forget, and it is nice to be reminded. Sunday afternoon, we had Robert's mom and dad over for dinner. We grilled and had our first corn on the cob of the summer. It was mighty tasty I must say. Not as good as the corn on the cob you can get back in Wyoming, but not too bad!
Robert and Alyssa brought me home roses on Saturday night with one of those cute sound cards. Alyssa recorded a cute little message. The card had Disney princess stickers on it, that was Alyssa's special touch. Bella gave me lots of giggles and smiles, and that was her gift to me.
Aside from the open house being a huge flop, it was a great weekend. I am blessed in so many other ways, so I really shouldn't complain... that much. Heeheehee!



No comments:
Post a Comment