Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Moms are the Queens of Multi-tasking

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Anniversary party...

This past Saturday night my husband and I attended his great grandparents 68th Wedding Anniversary party. It was a huge event with about 100 guests. There was a lot of Hispanic food to eat, (his grandmother is 100% Hispanic) loud Hispanic live music being played by Robert's father and some others people, and lots of loud talking and laughing.
I watched from my table his grandparents as they mingled around together. I watched their body language, and their facial expressions. I watched as they cut their anniversary cake. It was an amazing thing to see.
As this past week has gone on, I have thought about Robert's grandparents, and even my grandparents, and how they have been married for most all of their life to one person. They have had I'm sure their fair share of ups and downs, but for the most part, they have been happy and successful in their marriages.
68 years together and still going strong...pretty cool thing.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

It's so inspiring to see couples who have made it. I just heard of a book called Everlasting Marriage that I want to get. The author interviewed 75 couples who have been married for at least 50 years. In it they give their secrets for a successful marriage. I think it's a winner.

Keep Smiling with the Wallace's said...

I wish we could have been there but reading what you have written helps..I can just picture and imagine being there with Grandma and Grandpa and the family!...We love them so very much....We try to call often and talk with them...We laugh and just enjoy the time....They have been a great example of marriage to us all...sticking together through thick and thin....Please do us a favor and give them a big hug from us next time you see them..we would truly appreciate that!!
KEEP SMILING!
With love
Michael, Laura and Jessica Anne