
I know it has been awhile...but I have what I think to be a really good excuse. I delivered my little girl, Isabella Grace, on November 3rd. It was a day I will never forget. I often wondered if I would feel the same kinds of feelings I did when I delivered my first child? Would I love her instantly, or as much as Alyssa? I know that is kind of weird to say out loud, but it was true. But the moment I saw her and heard her first cries, I was completely in love with her.
My husband was great this time around. With Alyssa he did pretty good with the support stuff, but he didn't know what to do or what to expect with her. But with this labor and delivery, he knew just what I needed.
My mom made it to town before I had her, which was such a relief. She took care of Alyssa and everything at home while I was in the hospital. It was so nice to be able to relax and spend time with just Bella and Robert for a couple of days.
Since coming home from the hospital, things have been pretty crazy. Two kids to care for instead of one is a huge adjustment. I've been staying home full time now it has also been an adjustment. I would not trade being home with my girls for the world, but some days are difficult.
Interesting that these two little creatures demand so much from me and some days I feel like I just can't give anymore. Then in a small moment, they will do something or look at me in a certain way and I feel so overwhelmed with love and gratitude, that it helps me through the next day.
Speaking of my little ones, they are calling me right now. So I have to wrap this up.



No comments:
Post a Comment